What happened in Clank world so far?
- The website got updated with a real blog which you are reading now. The Wordpress blog had a very short life. RIP.
- Every post can be commented on. Using Disqus for the moment.
- For those people still using RSS (I know I do) there’s an RSS feed to stay up to date. Subscribe using this URL:
- The demo section got updated. View the current demos here. Note that things look best in Webkit based browsers. I recommend using Chrome for now. I am working on more support but want to find a balance between cutting edge CSS and browser support.
- iOS 7 was announced. I’ve been watching some of the #wwdc videos and I am not happy. There are some good ideas in there but let’s hope things improve visually with the final release. The interaction design is interesting, exploring the z-index. I hope to bring that to Clank so we have a good way to prototype native apps. Due to Apple’s NDA I can’t really talk about this as much as I’d like.
- I discovered a similar project to Clank called Fries that is alsor released under the liberal MIT license so some of that code might find it’s way in this project (or the reverse)
- I set a date for the 0.1 release and it’s going to be the end of June, so this month.
I am still looking for contributors to the project. File a github issue, check out the code, let me know if you want to help.